ISOKINETIC FOOTBALL MEDICINE STRATEGIES
June 2-4, 2018
Camp Nou, Barcelona
Location: PRESS ROOM
Sunday, June 3
IFSPT WORKSHOP 15:00 - 16:30
Knee injuries in young female football players
Chairs: Mario Bizzini (SUI), Kristian Thorborg (DEN)
Sponsored by the Danish Society of Sports Physical Therapy and the International Federation of Sports Physical Therapy
15:00 How big is the problem in elite vs. amateur young female football players? Zebis M (DEN) - Silvers-Granelli H (USA)
15:15 How can we prevent acute knee injuries? Arundale A (USA)
15:30 Where can we improve existing prevention programmes? Zebis M (DEN)
15:45 Return to football after acute knee injuries. Ardern C (SWE)
16:00 How do we manage knee pain and long-term consequences of acute knee injuries? Silvers-Granelli H (USA)
16:15 Discussion and conclusion
16:30 End of the Workshop
A special thank you to the Danish Society of Sports Physical Therapy for funding this workshop.
Move | Science | Rehab 2018
25-27 May 2018, South Africa
The inaugural Move | Science | Rehab Congress is hosted by the Sport Physiotherapy Group of South Africa. It is supported by the South African Society of Physiotherapy(SASP), International Federation of Sport Physical Therapists (IFSPT), Exercise is Medicine South Africa, South African Sport Medical Association (SASMA) as well as the Biokinetics Associated of South Africa (BASA).
The focus of the congress is movement: the science behind it, the injuries related to it and the rehabilitation there of. The target group for delegates is all medical professionals involved in or having an interest in movement. The congress will consist of a mixture of clinical lectures as well as workshops and full length courses. The invited speakers include Prof Christa Janse van Rensburg (University of Pretoria), Nicol van Dyk (Aspetar, Qatar) and Gareth Walton (Wales).
For more information please visit the website. www.movesciencerehab.co.za.
- Non SASP members can register via the congress website. Payment is via EFT and proof of payment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to complete registration.
- SASP members must register via the eCommerce website. Members must first log onto their SASP portals first and then click on one of the links below with the respective price options to access their suitable option. Discount will be deducted when you check out for being a SPG member. Follow the links below to the correct option.
Full congress - https://membership.saphysio.co.za/Ecommerce#/Products/0087
Day registration ( Friday or Saturday) - https://membership.saphysio.co.za/Ecommerce#/Products/0141
Day registration (Sunday course) - https://membership.saphysio.co.za/Ecommerce#/Products/0142
SPT students (2017 and 2018) and Community Service Physios - https://membership.saphysio.co.za/Ecommerce#/Products/0229
3rd and 4th year students R500 per day - https://membership.saphysio.co.za/Ecommerce#/Products/0230
For more information or assistance contact Ria, email@example.com.
Shoulder & Knee: Complex Understanding for Simple Solutions
9-10 June 2018
Crown Moran Hotel
142-152 Cricklewood Broadway
London, NW2 3ED
Discounted hotel rooms are available. Call the hotel at +44 (0) 20 8452 4175 and reference “The Science PT” and program dates of 8/6/18 – 10/6/18 to make your room reservations and get the group rate.
Erik Meira (USA-Knee) and Adam Meakins (Shoulder-UK)
- Expose the myths and misconceptions around shoulder anatomy, biomechanics and pathology
- Simplify your assessment and management of the commonly encountered shoulder issues
- Explore the evidence on how best to assess and diagnose the common shoulder issues
- Examine how best to assess shoulder movement, muscle function, proprioception, and the kinetic chain
- Evaluate shoulder rehab exercises and progressions with chances to practice and rehearse ideas
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explore the current understanding of the mechanisms of injury in knee injuries
- Perform a simple screen for athletes that may be at higher risk for knee injury or second injury
- Describe the most effective programs for reducing the risk for lower extremity injuries
- Focus on primary goals of postoperative rehabilitation to maximize return to sport function
- Develop a targeted and streamlined exercise progression for maximal benefit
- Consider the complexity of human movement and how it applies to rehabilitation
Sportfisio and Swiss Sports Med Conference
November 15-16, 2018
BernExpo, Bern Switzerland
Save the Date!
Team Concept Conference 2018
Westgate Resort and Casino
November 29-December 1, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Registration opens May 1
Attention Member Organizations:
Are you sponsoring a physical therapy, sports physical therapy or sports medicine conference in 2016 or 2017?
Please send the information regarding your conference to Mary Wilkinson, IFSPT marketing director, for addition to the IFSPT newsletter and website! Newsletters are published every other month, so please submit your material as early as possible. You are also welcome to provide updates as your event draws closer!