HOSTING THE WORLD CONGRESS
Any IFSPT member organization in good standing is welcome to apply to host the World Congress. Switserland, the UK, Canada, Denmark and Norway have committed to hosting this dynamic Congress! The IFSPT welcomes applications at any time in the cycle of evaluation. The selection for an upcoming Congress will be made at least 90 days prior to the approaching Congress.
For example, the Executive Board is now accepting applications for the 2026 through February 19. The Executive Board will make a selection at least 90 days prior to the General Meeting. The selected host will be announced at the General Meeting in Oslo on June 13.
BENEFITS OF HOSTING THE WORLD CONGRESS OF SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY (WCSPT)
The IFSPT understands that it is a great undertaking to host the WCSPT. Most host countries host the Congress within their organization's regular scheduled congresses.
- The host congress receives extensive marketing support from the IFSPT Marketing Director. Sources of
marketing include the IFSPT official website, social media channels, direct email newsletters, and via all
IFSPT activities (Networking Session, Partnered conference, Webinars etc);
- The host conference receives focused scientific program input from a designated experienced EB member,
supporting their scientific committee in building a high quality, global, and equitable speaker panel;
- Extended international exposure and recognition will likely result in higher attendance numbers than
experienced at previous conferences and raise the global profile of the organization and its committee;
- Ability to attract a global audience and internationally recognized experts making use of the IFSPT’s
- The President, and/or representatives from the IFSPT Executive Board, are available to the organizing
committee to present within the scientific program, in addition to chairing scientific sessions.
INTERESTED IN HOSTING?
Follow the link below to download the official application. You are welcome to add to this application with additional information about your proposal as well.
For more information, feel free to contact Carlo Ramponi, IFSPT Vice President.