THE ALFA CARE PRIZE
What is the AlfaCare prize?
The AlfaCare prize award is for a passionate early career sports physical therapist to assist them in attending the World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy.
When is submission due for the 2024 prize?
Applications are being accepted through March 15, 2024. All submissions must be made to Chris Napier, IFSPT Secretary.
Who is AlfaCare?
AlfaCare is a supplier of clinic equipment and other products for preventing and relieving muscle and joint pain and sports injuries. In their home market, Scandinavia, they work with their own brands as well as a distributor of a wide range of leading brands. AlfaCare is the IFSPT platinum and titling sponsor, and is the kind contributor of funds for the AlfaCare Prize.
The purpose of the prize
Early career individuals often find it a challenge to gain funding to attend a world-class congress such as the World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy. However, these individuals are the future of sports physical therapy, and the IFSPT and AlfaCare recognize the need to assist them in the development of their career in sports physical therapy, as well as create ambassadors for the field. The 1000€ prize will help the chosen individual attend the World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy, then return to their member organization and share the knowledge they obtained with their peers.
The winner will also be encouraged to attend a later WCSPT and speak about their experience and how it has impacted their practice as well as how it has helped their member organization.
- Graduate and licensed physical therapist in their member country for seven years or less
- At least two years of sports physical therapy practice experience
- A current member in good standing of their IFSPT member organization
- Good communication skills
- Proven presentation skills are a bonus
- Supply a cover letter (max 1 page) to explain your knowledge translation plan upon return from Denmark, how you think the experience will benefit you, and to highlight your previous presentation experience
- Provide a complete curriculum vitae (CV) for review (including dates of graduation, proof of membership in IFSPT member organization, and examples of experience in sports physical therapy field)
Entrants will be scored on their CVs as well as their knowledge translation plan.
The award winner will be publicly honored at the Gala of the World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy by representatives from AlfaCare and IFSPT.
The IFSPT Research committee expects to receive a written report following knowledge translation from the winner. This will be shared with all member organizations via the newsletter and during an IFSPT networking session.