To obtain the title of Registered International Sports Physical Therapists (RISPT) the following process is undertaken;
- Join your country's sports organization. Please see list on this website of the appropriate organization.
- Submit and gain accreditation in own country's IFSPT-approved CPD pathway (level that relates to IFSPT requirements)
- Submit application form to IFSPT along with 50 euros payment.
- Once application form details have been checked with member country the award of RISPT is made and a 5-year registration certificate is issued to the individual. This process is conducted electronically via email.
- The certificate is emailed to the individual for printing and displaying.
Applying for Registration as a Member of a Member Organization with an Approved Accreditation System
These countries include
- Australia – APA Sports Physiotherapist Title Program
- Ireland: Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists, Level 3 Accreditation in Sports Physiotherapy
- New Zealand: Complete the specialisation Pathway through the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand. Must complete specialisation in the Sports Category.
- Sweden: Sports Physiotherapy Specialization
- Switzerland - SSPA CPD Level A
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom: Continuing Professional Development Level 3, Gold
- United States: APTA Sports Certified Specialist