ANNOUNCING THE ALFA CARE PRIZE
What is the AlfaCare prize?
The AlfaCare prize award is for a passionate early career sports physical therapist to assist them in attending the World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy in Nyborg, Denmark, August 26-27, 2022. The amount of the award is 1000€.
Who is AlfaCare?
AlfaCare is a supplier of clinic equipment and other products for preventing and relieving muscle and joint pain and sports injuries. In their home market, Scandinavia, they work with their own brands as well as a distributor of a wide range of leading brands. AlfaCare is the IFSPT platinum and titling sponsor, and is the kind contributor of funds for the AlfaCare Prize.
The purpose of the prize
Early career individuals often find it a challenge to gain funding to attend a world-class congress such as the World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy. However, these individuals are the future of sports physical therapy, and the IFSPT and AlfaCare recognize the need to assist them in the development of their career in sports physical therapy, as well as create ambassadors for the field. The 1000€ prize will help the chosen individual attend the Fourth World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy, then return to their member organization and share the knowledge they obtained with their peers.
The winner will also be encouraged to attend the Fifth World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy in Oslo, Norway in 2023 and speak about their experience and how it has impacted their practice as well as how it has helped their member organization.
- Graduate and licensed physical therapist in their member country for seven years or less
- At least two years of sports physical therapy practice experience
- A current member in good standing of their IFSPT member organization
- Good communication skills
- Proven presentation skills are a bonus
- Supply a cover letter (max 1 page) to explain your knowledge translation plan upon return from Denmark, how you think the experience will benefit you, and to highlight your previous presentation experience
- Provide a complete curriculum vitae (CV) for review (including dates of graduation, proof of membership in IFSPT member organization, and examples of experience in sports physical therapy field)
Entrants will be scored on their CVs as well as their knowledge translation plan.
Those interested in submitting must send their cover letter and CV no later than July 4, 2022. Submissions should be sent digitally to Chris Napier, IFSPT secretary and chair of research committee, at secretary@Ifspt.org and must be complete. A final selection will be made by the IFSPT Research Committee by July 18, 2022. Prize funds will then be transferred to the winner in time for the winner to make travel and hotel arrangements. Registration will be provided free of charge.
The award winner will be publicly honored at the Gala of the World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy on August 26, 2022 by representatives from AlfaCare and IFSPT.
The IFSPT Research committee expects to receive a written report following knowledge translation from the winner no later than May 1, 2023. This will be shared with all member organizations via the newsletter and during an IFSPT networking session. At that time, the winner’s confirmation of attendance at the Fifth World Congress in 2024 will be accepted for scheduling in the programme.